Monday, July 03, 2006

So here it is, July 3rd. It's a holiday weekend, and I've got no plans. Okay, it's not as pathetic as it sounds. I actually DO have plans...a BBQ tomorrow, and we're going to the river today. Well, I am. Daisy can't because she's awfully mean to little dogs and she doesn't really like to swim, so it's okay if she stays here. However, Ziggy, now, he totally loves to swim. And then Shelby's bringing her dogs as well, because little Dallas needs to swim with Zig. Ow hell, it's a full on dog entry. Now it is sounding a little pathetic.

So, the spot on the river we're going to is the most white trash spot ever. There is trash all over, and just all around grossness. But, it's close. We could drive a while and hit the Clackamas River, but then it's rocky, and the good spots are hard to find.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Do you guys have an opposite holiday? I think, considering the current state of things, you'd be willing to wash your hands of us, anyway! I'm not sure what coming back to the fold would entail, but I'd be willing to give it a try!

Thanks for the holiday wishes--as a teacher with the summers off, it just means another day that all my friends get to play, as well!

Dani said...

School ended mid June, and I'm off until the last week in August. Usually, I travel somewhere or climb a mountain or do something fun, but this summer it's pretty much just working on the house. It's okay, though--there are a lot of weddings and visits this summer, so I'm pretty booked, even though I don't get to do anything too fun. And, I have this whole farm sitting gig, where I watch a friend's farm--with horses and pigs and goats and llamas and chickens and cows and a beautiful house and a fire pit. It's wonderful--and they pay me in meat! Farm bacon is the best!

Terribly sorry about the waste of tea. It was awful, I agree. If it makes it any better, the 4th--at least among my friends--is something of joke. In all the large chain stores there is a ton of crappy patriotic trash for sale, and already financially overstressed brainwashed Americans buy it up and put it in their yards and on their cars and say "God bless America!" and think they live in the greatest place in the world. Sigh.

The BBQ was fun, though.