Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Some updating...

The summer birthday party/house guest party/whatever party is done. Whew. Over forty people came--kids, dogs, friends. There was a break-up, a hook-up, (not me this time!) and a butt-load of drinking, dancing, and all around merriment. Except me. I had a pretty crappy time. No...that's not REALLY true. It was fun, but I just felt like all I did was clean up after people because I was completely paranoid about Daisy getting into chicken or something. It was fun, I guess. And Richard did and EXCELLENT job on the grill. But, I'm thinking, I'm done with party throwin' for a while.

The house guests: Very fun. Actually, Akasha was here for a few nights before Richard and Jenna came, and that was great fun, too. And Richard and Jenna are so very cool, so even though the house is small, it was just fine. Interestingly, it actually feels smaller now that they're gone...but that could be the friction between me and Mel, and I don't know what that's about, but I've vowed NOT to talk about it or say anything negative or mean because it is highly possible that I'm just a tad stressed out about the parents visiting...

Which, is done. They leave for the coast tomorrow morning. Whew. Five of the longest, hottest, most deep-breath-breathin days of the year, that's fo'shizzle.

Ribbit.

AND--I still haven't smoked. Oh yeah. Three weeks today.

Actually, that's a lie. I smoked a big ole pork butt last week, and at this very moment, I'm smokin' some ribs. Richard taught me how to do all that. I'm smoking the ribs to take camping--Oh, I can't wait!

Tomorrow, it's the farm, then Thursday is Mel's birthday, and then EARLY Friday morning, heading out to Meditation Point, and nobody else better be there!

Okay--this actually is the lamest summer ever, but that's okay...I've got a lot of farm time up ahead, and that will make up for the lack of camping, and there's two nights this weekend, and that will be good. And I'll sleep in the hammock tomorrow night, and listen for the coyotes. Yay.

No comments: