Sunday, July 09, 2006

Question

Okay--let's just say, hypothetically, that you were planning a party. Not just a little "hey, we're having a BBQ" kind of party, but the kind of party where you lump a bunch of different occasions together, so you can celebrate them all at once, and you order meat from a COMPANY, and PRODUCE too, since you're buying so much of it, and you've arranged for extra grills to be delivered, and you're buying things in bulk and you're even decorating specifically for that event. You've HAND DELIVERED invitations, as well as sent out evites, and you've invited people you haven't seen for flipping years. Let's just say that this party has been planned for weeks, and then seven days before the party, one of (what you thought was) your good friends decides to have a party on the very same day. What would you do?

And, I mean, I'm trying to get over the damn high school aspect (but then she decided to have a slumber party on the same day I was having a slumber party) of it, but my feelings are very hurt. And I'm trying not to be overdramatic or a baby about this, but I really thought we were better friends than that. And I think that if somebody asked me to have a party on the same day as a good friend of mine, I'd say, "No, I can't, I already have plans." That's just me, I guess. And, I think what I'm hurt about is that that thought didn't even come into play.

No comments: