Saturday, July 08, 2006




Yay! For multiple reasons, yay!

Reason one--yay!--Look, just look, at that beeyouuutiful squash blossom. We actually have multiple wondermous blossoms, but that's the one that was on my phone, that's the one you get. We have, right now, ready to eat (just ask Zig) tomatoes, peas, and so much basil/mint/cilantro but then there are also baby things growing too! Now, my house is small, and slightly furry (what with the dogs and all, and I lose a crazy amount of hair, too, by the wayside), and almost all the furniture was free (except for the out-of-tune piano) and the yard isn't weeded or even green, for that matter, but the garden--sigh--the garden! It's amazing! And also, it's my first garden, really--(I mean, there was that community garden when I was with I Have a Dream that I did with the kids, and there were some lame attempts as a renter in various houses) and while the yard itsn't landscaped, and I don't have hundreds to blow on lawn furniture or decking--the garden is good. So, yay!

Number two yay! Birthdays and friends. Actually, their birthdays are tomorrow (today is actually Jane's birthday, but seriously, I don't really care that much, so...) but we're going camping tomorrow bright and early (unless Melanie has yet another bloody nose--ew!--in which case we're going to the ER and then we're going out for oysters, but let's just hope that doesn't happen) and the celabratory parties are tonight, so...Happy Birthday to Sarah and Lala! Yay!

And number three yay! Well, I've been a little reticent to mention it, because I'm afraid of the backslide--but all my friends know, and if I backslide, then I do, but I'm hoping i won't, but...It's officially DAY 5 with no smoking. And I'm talking no one little puffs of off Shelby's or lighting the butts out of the ashtray in the back yard (EW!) or even sneaking one with beers last night. None! AND--I haven't even killed anybody yet! I mean, not "yet" exactly. Just, not anybody. Nobody's died around me as a result of my awful grouch. Today, I'm not even feeling the grouch. Yay! And I've been to two parties, and still, no smoking. Granted, the first party I was chewing the awful gum--(AWFUL!)--like mad and not drinking and I left early because if I hadn't somebody actually might have died, but last night I had fun, and had a beer or two and I really didn't even WANT one a cigarette. Not even a little. I did eat a whole pizza, practically, and the day before I seriously (I'm not kidding--I weighed myself) gained 10 freakin' pounds in one day, but isn't that better than smoking? Please, please tell me it is. There were moments last night when I thought about it, thought that one wouldn't really matter--I mean, the gum has nicotine in it, too, and it wouldn't make a difference, right? But the thing is, I don't WANT to smoke. I mean, I really don't want to, so that's why I'm quitting. So, YAY! to day number five.

No comments: