Saturday, July 15, 2006

my apologies

To those sensitive types who read this (but honestly--if you know me, then you should just expect this type of thing sometimes). I found this on Overheard in New York. A site I peruse frequently, and send the funniest quotes to Sarah, but this, really--I think it just deserves to be posted.
Regardless, They're Pretty Much Dead-Set On Calling It 'Paris'

Girl: Paris Hilton has a fragrance?! What's it supposed to smell like, unwashed crotch?

--Manhattan Mall

Overheard by: Rainey


via Overheard in New York, Jul 15, 2006

Funny thing--So, one day, at school, I'm on duty (that's middle-school-speak for standing in the hallway and hoping against all hopes that there are no fights, because when there is a fight, you inevitably lose your coffe trying to break it up--but the idea is that just by standing there, walking around, talking to the lovely little children, they
won't fight, but that doesn't always work, but usually, but ANYWAY) talking with another teacher and our illustrious principal walks up. Now, this guy is a big guy, and he really doesn't get the supervision thing--so, he's standing right smack in front of me, and I can't really see around him, but I suppose that there are generally no fights while he's around because of his sheer hugeness. But, he tells me about this site that he heard on OPB. I go to check it out, and it's really funny. I send it to the other teacher who was standing there, and he replies instantly--"This is not middle school appropriate." Well, he was right, obviously (see above) but what a prude! I mean, sheesh. And, that guy, he's not really the prude type. I mean, he's not middle school appropriate. And you know what--if I ever start living the middle school appropriate life, somebody shoot me.

I mean, I can be appropriate--really, I can, and I am appropriate at work, but I really don't want to live a rated PG life. snore...