Friday, June 30, 2006

Holy Crap!


So here it is, the end of June, and I haven't gone camping--not even once! What the hell is wrong with me? Okay, true, we did try to go camping, but then, you know, my dog almost died and crap, so we had to come back. But still! Shelby (that's her on the left) and I were going to go camping yesterday, but we both bailed because of how much house stuff we have to do--and it's almost freakin' July! We even picked a pretty remote, yet on the water--not too populated site to car camp in, because I didn't want to be too far away from a vet, in case, you know, my dog almost died again...which brings me to Daisy update:

SHE'S BETTER!!! Well, at least, she sure seems better to me. Her eyes quit bouncing up and down in her head (vertical nystagmus? or something like that) and she makes her little ugly face at Ziggy when he wants her toy



and her tail is back to its regular thumping power (okay, actually, the tail thumping, I could do without) and she only needed help once getting in to the hoopty yesterday! And she's sassy! She peed on Zig's tennis ball this morning. Sniffed, and peed. That's my girl.

I did some research on this metronidizole toxicicty thing, and some people were in a LOT of pain. (Boy, I hope she wasn't in a lot of pain--but, she did get that valium drip, so I bet it paid off...) But, they (and their brain lesions!) also recovered, so...even though I was poisoning my dog, she's going to be just fine. Sheesh.

And how pathetic is it that I like to take pictures of my dogs in the morning? They're just so cute. Okay, that's actually pretty pathetic. Yeah, I know...

On a completely different note, I was procrastinating all the house stuff I was supposed to do which is why I didn't go camping (actually, I did do a lot--I staked up the squash plants with big bamboo poles, and cleaned out the side garden area and planted all these yummy stepable plants, and weeded, and then I painted the office--I'm no slacker!) and I was looking at other people's blogs--and I noticed that a lot of people have themes. You know, like--"look how cute my kids/grandkids are," or "the politics of the country/planet/universe and what I think about them" of "My Battle with Menopause/Cancer/Grief/Insert your own ailment/tragedy". And then there are those fashion ones, and the touristy ones, and the ones that are affiliated with some business or band or nonprofit or something. Most blogs have a purpose. Mine doesn't. Should I get one? Oh, but anyway, my point is, I thought I'd add a little political spin--here you go!




It's a little political. I guess I could get more political with some commentary on this country--maybe another day. It's early, and I'm still in a somewhat good mood.

No comments: