Thursday, August 10, 2006

Suckshine

A coulple years ago, Melanie and I hiked Mt. St Helens, pretty much right before it's most recent rumblings began. August 11, in fact, 2001? 2002? Anyway, it was a pretty hard hike, and the other girl with us had asthma, and was having a hard time and the whole way up, I was very positive and encouraging, staying by her side and motivating her to keep going. (Melanie had no patience for that kind of nicety, and went ahead and met us at the top). The two of them nicknamed me suckshine, because I have this tendancy to muster up some sort of postitive energy, even when things totally suck.

So--I'm going to try to do that here--really really try. I mean, what's so bad, right? I've lost a friend, who really didn't treat me all that well in the first place, so now, let's say, I've got the absence of abuse, which is good, right? Um, yeah.

Also--now I've got more room to store all my crap, right? Uh-huh.

And....um, there's a lot more room in the fridge without all her beer in there....yeah, that's good.

Oh, and because I'm all upset about this, it's kind of like a break up, and I've lost 7 pounds! YEAH!!! There it is. Way to go, suckshine!