Sunday, September 24, 2006

What was I thinking?


And, buying a house is a good idea why...exactly? See...eight months ago, I was paying absurdly cheap rent. I was living in a GREAT neighborhood (okay, there were occasional shootings, but...it was centrally located. Right by stores, parks, bridges. It was great). Yes, the apartment sucked and smelled and was filthy with that old kind of filth, but it was CHEAP, and I had $1,000 more a month, basically. Now, I have to find a way to scrounge up the extra grand, and why? So I can pay for a house I'm too exhausted to enjoy? I can barely survive financially, and I'm eating ramen noodles and peanut butter (okay, actually, no--I'd rather eat middle school lunches than ramen noodles, but still) and I'm working every day of the week, sometimes very long hours. I am crazy poor, and so freaking tired, I actually think that buying this house was the worst thing I've done in a long time...

I hate this house.

I wish I still paid $500 a month rent...oh, the good old days.

No comments: