Sunday, September 03, 2006

Oh man...

When the Student Is Ready, the Teacher Will Appear

Skinny construction worker: All I know is...
Obese construction worker: I told you I don't wanna hear it!
Skinny construction worker: Listen, I'm just gonna say this once, and I'll let it go.
Obese construction worker: I said I don't wanna hear it!
Skinny construction worker: Nobody, and I mean nobody, should sweat when they eat. There, I said it!

--McDonald's, Wall St

Overheard by: Robert


via Overheard in New York, Sep 3, 2006

Well, that's a good point, but...maybe they shouldn't be eating at McDonald's then...I mean, I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...because, bottom line, eating at McDonald's says a lot about your eating habits. Crap, tubby, pack a lunch with some vegetables. Let's see what kind of sweat you can work up with that celery.

Speakin' of--me and that cholesterol problem? We're doing just fine! Been hitting the gym, watching what I eat, quit smoking--hell, tomorrow will be 2 months! Damn! The weird thing about not smoking: I'm not hanging with my smoking friends so much, so, as a direct result, I'm not drinking so much, as well. This is good, especially for the wallet and the waist, but it is a little less fun. I mean, it's obviously more responsible, and I know there isn't all that much attractive about a drunk-off-her-ass almost-forty-year-old, but sometimes, just sometimes it's fun to be an ass, you know? Sometimes it's a drag to be the grown-up all the time.

That said: I'm hoping to tie one on tonight. I mean, school starts on Tuesday (oh, so freaking excited, by the way--I mean, I can't wait! The room isn't ready, and all the copies aren't made, and for some reason, I'm not even stressed out, but SHEESH I'm excited about Tuesday! Oh, such a nerd!) and once that happens, I'm not so great at taking time for myself. I have a hard time unwinding, so tonight, I might be obnoxiously drunk. Oh boy.

With the start of school, I realized that this has been the suckiest summer I've had. Usually, I do some big huge camping trip, or at least hike my arse off--but not this year. Hardly camped and didn't really hike. I mean, I know there was family visits and farm stuff and Daisy almost dying, and all, so...the lameness of this summer is a little understandable. Oh--and the whole being-flat-ass-broke bit, too. I'm just hoping that it was an anomoly, and it won't happen again.

No comments: